it's been a very long time since I last posted, and the winds of change have been a blowin! Here are the highlights...
1) I got a new job! I am not an online high school teacher. I teach in the electives department, and they already have me branching out from Spanish. I not only teach Spanish, but also a career exploration course, and they have also allowed me to teach a middle school course based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. That's probably my favorite class so far, and those middle school kids have some amazing things to say. It's like this world hasn't jaded them yet, and I hope they stay that way. As with any job there are things about it that I really like, and things about it that I don't really like. I am making more money though, which will help us to get out of debt sooner, but it's tough because it's full time so that means less time with the booboo. We were so sad to have to leave Jenny's, where Lae had been going for two years, but we found a full time situation that is just about as close to Jenny as you can get. Eventually I will be able to phase out of the office and work part time from home, which will be really amazing, especially if we would like our family to grow anytime soon.
2) I got a new nephew! Well, I guess I should say I got a nephew, since I didn't have any before. It's so surreal that my baby sister now has a baby, but it is the truth. He is chunky, and smiley, and perfect. I never appreciated Laela's baby cry more though. That kid has got some lungs on him, and he is not shy about making sure everyone on the block knows he is ticked that mom isn't getting that milk to him fast enough! Seriously though, cutest kid ever. (after Lae of course) :)
3) Krista moved to Florida! I'm insanely jealous of her new office view that looks out over my grandparents' property along the Orange River. She moved down there to look after dear old gram, plus she was due for some change and a new adventure. I am super duper sad she is like 6 times further away now though.
4) JJ's grandmother, affectionately known as everyone's Nana, passed away two weeks ago. She was essentially JJ's mother, so it's been very hard. Booboo and I flew out there to see her while she was still living. That meant we didn't get to attend the funeral, as we just didn't have the money, but we felt it was more important for her to see Laela, and for Laela to see her one more time. She was an incredibly special lady to everyone that ever knew her. The obituary written by Aunt Jean was one of the most touching tributes I have ever read. I will add that as a post as well.
5) We moved and hate our new apartment. Epic. Fail. We cannot wait until our lease is up in May!!
Welp, that's all I can think of for now folks. More soon....hopefully.