Monday, October 19, 2009

moving on...

well, it's been awhile and i just wanted to write a little update to let you know what's going on in my life.

i quit my job...

i realized that i had to do what was best for everyone. i absolutely did not want to be at work every day, which was detrimental to myself and the students. to be a teacher you need to be ON 100% of the time, and i was unable to do that. these students are especially needy, and i just didn't have enough of me to go around. i will certainly miss some of them, but overall i am very happy with my decision.

so what will i do now?

i got a job as a full time/bilingual teller for wachovia. there is lots of opportunity for advancement in the banking industry, and i am excited for the new challenge. i am definitely going to keep working on my certification for teaching out here, and hopefully i will be able to get a job next school year either in gilbert or chandler. we shall see. i am just taking one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new job. I know they will love you and I know that the stress level will be a bit better & you'll be closer to home! Here's to the next chapter! I love you! Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you living in AZ right now? Just wondering why you're talking about Gilbert or Chandler..

    ReplyDelete