Thursday, November 5, 2009

faker!

so this morning i totally faked sick so i didn't have to go to the gym! now... faking is kind of relative because i genuinely did not feel well. i had a stuffy nose, my chest was all gunky, and my throat hurt (though that might have been because i was thirsty)...

but come on!

we didn't go to bed until after midnight, and jj wanted to get up at 6 am... yes 6 am... to go to the gym before work

here is my reasoning... a) we needed more sleep, b) we have two hours from when he comes home from the bank to when he goes to the ice rink and we can go then, and c) i HATE... LOATHE getting up early when it's still dark outside.

he was so sweet too! he got me a cough drop, made sure i had water, felt my head every twenty minutes to see if i had a fever, and he curled around me as we slumbered to make sure i was warm. my husband is amazing! once it was 7:30 (and light outside) instead of 6:00 i "felt a little better." so, to repay his amazingness i made him a scrumptious breakfast to start the day right. i cooked him up some eggs and bacon with a piece of toast with butter and honey (just like he likes it).

i feel a little shameful (but much more rested and content)... yes, i did not feel well, but not quite as sick as i made myself out to be... and the ONLY reason i confess this is because he doesn't read my blog...

let's hope he doesn't start today! :)

1 comment:

  1. Some things never change! lol I'm glad JJ takes good care of you so I won't worry when you're "sick!"

    ReplyDelete