Friday, November 4, 2011

November is for gratitude - Day 4

Tonight I am grateful for parents.

Elizabeth Stone once said, "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Now that I have a child of my own, I understand this perfectly. I have great parents. Of course we had our family issues, as no family is perfect, but my parents did an amazing job. They raised three girls strong in the gospel of Jesus Christ...two of which served missions, two of which were married in the temple, and one of which has started a new generation. my parents worked so hard to make sure that we had everything that we needed, and that we knew how much we were loved.

one of my favorite times as a child was bedtime. my mom told us made up bedtime stories about a girl named "punkin," and then sang us lullabies. after that we got to listen to my dad play the piano until we fell asleep. i always felt so safe and secure. that's the most important thing a parent can give to a child... security and love.

Again, I am grateful for my parents.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't sleep tonight so I decided to read your blog! Sure glad I did! I know you hate too much mush! But wow, thank you! I'm so grateful for our family too! How blessed we are! As I read, I went back. I could see and hear your memories! Those are my most precious ones too! I'm so grateful for you too! And your beautiful Laela! I'm doubly grateful that you can experience the joy for yourself! XO

    ReplyDelete