Sunday, December 20, 2009

realizations

so i try to put on a good face, keep a stiff upper lip, suck it up, deal with it, etc... but sometimes i just get sad. today was one of those days. it finally hit me that i'm not going home for christmas. my sisters are both home... and i'm sad. i'm sad that this will be the first time (aside from my mission) that i will not be with my family for christmas. i have my husband, which is fantastic, but just not the same as being surrounded by loved ones. there is nothing like being with my family on christmas eve... we usually go look at lights, sometimes we go to a christmas mass, then we go home. all the lights get turned off except for the christmas tree, everyone gathers around said tree, and mom and dad read luke 2 and then the night before christmas. (after that is usually when all hell breaks loose with me doing the ebonics night before christmas, and then usually some fights about whether or not we are allowed to open one present... which us children usually win) another thing i will miss is the singing. we will usually gather around the piano and sing our favorites... sleep little lamb, i wonder as i wander, the shepherd song, and many others... my life is sadly devoid of all things musical right now. :(

i have a couple things to look forward to... and hopefully i can focus on those.

1) i get to cook again! i'm excited to try this holiday feast again! i haven't decided if we are going to do turkey again, ham, or beef. i am leaning towards beef because i like turkey on thanksgiving, ham on easter, and who says you can't have beef on christmas? maybe i'll start a new tradition. :)

2) miles and kendra are coming down! miles is from just down the road from us and they are coming down for the holidays. miles and kendra are two of my very best and most favoritest friends! (ask julie and kaycie... they are totally the favorites)

3) i get to spend the day with my hubby and kitty (even though they hate each other... i take that back. jj hates wicked, but wicked still loves him)

4) i get to be on speaker phone with my family as my parents read us our favorite christmas stories.

it will be great!

4 comments:

  1. sorry you can't be here! isn't eternity gonna be great when we will ALWAYS be together on christmas? [will we even celebrate christmas in heave? hmm...i dunno...] anyways...i love you and i can't wait to see you..whenever that will be! MUAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to kayc. we miss you too. and love you mucho.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another ditto! I'll be honest...I'm sad too...I miss you! I'm so excited for Christmas Eve when we can gather together to read the scriptures and then listen to daddy get silly on the Night Before Christmas. Kinda hard to sing together but we can try; it might be funny! I know your Christmas dinner will be fabulous--I'm so proud of your great cooking! Create your own traditions and know that we all love you and you are very close in our hearts and in our stories! lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW! Thanks so much for including us on your "Things I have to look forward to" list. :) I'm happy to see you on Saturday! I know how sad it can be to not celebrate Christmas with family, so I'm sorry for you for that. But cheer up little one! We will bring a smile to your face shortly!!!

    ReplyDelete