Sunday, February 28, 2010

lessons learned...

as you read in my last post, my sister krista's friend catie just passed away from a three year bout with cancer. her husband steve posted his eulogy on her blog tonight, and i just got done reading it... while laying in bed... with my husband on the couch... because that's where i told him he was sleeping tonight... because of a silly fight...

how ungrateful can i be? i am sure that catie would give anything to be sleeping next to her husband tonight with her children in the next room...

steve said, "Catie was also strengthened by her faith. She had always prayed and read scriptures diligently, but she began to make an even greater effort as she relied on spiritual strength to help fight and beat cancer. Catie posted scriptures around the house as reminders. Two of her favorites were Philippians 4:13 and Romans 8:18.

Philippians 4:13 reads: “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
And Romans 8:18 states: “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”

Catie looked to the Lord for strength, and found hope in his words. Catie also found peace and comfort in the words of her favorite hymn, “Be Still My Soul.” The first verse reads,

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In [every] change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy [heavenly] Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end."

through the toughest experience of her life she looked to the Lord to bring her strength... that is my resolve... i have always had a tough time with this... maybe i feel like he has more important things to worry about (like the catie's all around the world)... maybe i feel like i don't deserve his help... maybe i am afraid of his help... it says in john 7:17 that if we want to know something, we have to live it.. it's time for me to live it...

i just unlocked the bedroom door...

and he came to bed...

(check out this song.... it's AMAZING)

2 comments: