Friday, September 10, 2010

school day blues


so i have decided that the stretch from labor day to fall break is probably the longest, hardest stretch of the school year. at least in arizona we have fall break, which is seriously a week long God send, because it used to be the stretch between labor day and thanksgiving that was unbearable... at least now it's broken up with a week off. anyways, this is the stretch where the days are long, the kids are squirrley, at least five kids in each class forgot their homework and want to tell you a five minute story about why, and i'm just tired. the freshness and excitement have worn off, and i'm TIRED!

don't get me wrong, i L-O-V-E my job, and the students. it makes those blues go away when you walk down the hall and you hear a chorus of "¡hola señora barksdale!" followed by a very loud, lone voice that says with such fervor, "i love you señora barksdale." oh gosh, let me tell you how much fun i am having especially with kindergarten! at first they were the bane of my existence because it is seriously like herding kittens...


...but i LOVE them now! it is seriously SO much fun. we are learning a new song right now called the "body cha cha." we sing it like three times in a row because they love it so much. after every time, there is this one little girl, cutest thing ever with bright blue eyes and long blond hair, and not much taller than 2 feet who says, "that is too much fun!"

so my job is really fun, but i definitely look forward to the weekend and days off. laela has popped out and she is getting bigger, so of course my tummy feels heavier, and by the end of the day my hips are aching. plus, i am feeling so overwhelmed with getting ready for her arrival. not only do we have to save enough money for me to stay home for a couple months (i don't have paid maternity leave), we need to buy stuff for her, and still pay our bills. we are doing well right now... thank you tithing... so i'm not too worried. it's stressful though, and on top of that i have to have my entire curriculum mapped out for the time i am gone. bleh!

so that's life right now... stressed to the max, but SO excited for this little one to make her way into the world. if only the mosquito bite on the back of my ankle would stop itching... :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this! I can't wait to meet your little students! I knew they'd love you and you'd love them! cha cha cha!

    ReplyDelete