Sunday, April 29, 2012

Week 3

So this week was better than last week for some things, and worse than last week for others.

Goal 1: work out 4 times... i didn't work out once!  not even once!  i have no excuse besides "i was tired."  i am in a vicious cycle with my horrible back.  i was once again cursed with the family genes with inheriting my horribly crooked hips and deteriorating discs.  i really need to be super fit (especially in my core) in order to save myself from all my back problems, but the moment i even THINK about doing something physical, my back decides that it would rather i just sit out.  i'm really thinking that until i can lose some weight i will have to limit myself to walking.  i KNOW that walking is a wonderful exercise, but for some reason it just seems like it's not enough.  i still think of myself as an "athlete," which i used to be, and can be again someday, but for right now i need to remember that i'm a 31 year old mom with a bad back.  :-D

Goal 2: read my scriptures 10 minutes every night... i struggled with this for some reason this week and i think i only read twice.  i just plain forgot.  i'm thinking i might need to make myself some sort of a sign to hang on my bed to remind me.

Goal 3: technology fast... i did alright with this one, but i think that instead of lightening up a little, i'm actually going to go more strict.  i'm going to set a timer for my facebook usage so that once i get to an hour i'm done for the day whether that is at 9 AM or 9 PM.  i'm also going to quit pinning things on pinterest until i've actually looked at everything i've pinned so far.  i'm going to go to each website and decide if it's something i actually do want to have pinned or not.  i'm only going to allow myself on pinterest while i'm nursing so that will limit me to about 20 minutes total for the day.  i honestly cannot believe how much time i waste looking at my phone when there are so many wonderful things to be doing and exploring!

Goal 4: put my clothes away... i did really well this week!  i have no clothes hanging on my bed, and only a pair of jeans and a tshirt in the bathroom.  for those of you that don't know, we are still in a 1-bedroom apartment.  JJ's and my bed is in our dining area, and Laela has the room for herself.  This works for us because our lives don't have to stop when she goes to bed around 7:30, and she has a nice quiet space to sleep.  If we slept in the same room she would always be in our bed, and would wake up all the time.  Anyways, that is what makes it hard sometimes for me to put away clothes because i try not to go into the room at all once she goes down.  i'm going to try to make sure that my work clothes are put away before her bedtime so i don't let it pile up each day.

i decided to add another new goal this week... SPRING CLEANING!  Princess and i are headed back to south carolina for the summer in about 4 weeks and i want to make sure that the apartment is nice and clean before we leave.  i'm going to look up how to spring clean each of our small rooms and also borrow a carpet shampooer from a friend to clean our carpet.  i'm going to try to do this as "green" as possible...homemade cleaners and such, so we will see how that all goes!

well i hope y'all had a great week!  and here is to us working to achieve all of our goals!

3 comments:

  1. First off, that is a great picture of you...well, in that you look beautiful. But you also look kind of sad. :( And you look so YOUNG! Wow. I really like what you're doing here and I think it's great to stay accountable. I like your honesty. I need to do some similar goals for sure. Maybe I should follow your lead and try this out. Since I'm finally feeling better in my pregnancy, I'm trying to hit the gym more. So far it's been minimal, but I've gone on a few walks (which is something) and I'm going to the gym tonight. Also, I need to read my scriptures...like at all. And the technology fast would be good for me too. I am definitely on FB too much and could spend better quality time with Owen...like right now? ;) Anyway, thanks for being real, and thanks for the motivation. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovie! I am glad that you are following along with me and that you are feeling better! Being pregnant is SO hard by itself, I can't imagine having to take care of Owen on top of that. I quit working out when I was about six months along though so keep walking a little! haha! as for reading my scriptures, i'm not like super into it yet... i hope that will come back, but for right now i just download the Ensign to my phone and read as much as i can in ten minutes. i'm almost through the April issue, and i'm excited for the May one.. trying to watch conference with Princess was interesting to say the least, so i definitely need to read that one!

      Delete
    2. oh and that picture is from 2008, so i was young!!! oh how i miss 27! :) i know i look a little sad in that one, but that's kinda how i feel a lot of the time unfortunately. as i make all the changes that i need to i know that i will feel better and better. as that happens i am going to change my picture so stay tuned for the next one... :)

      Delete