Saturday, September 12, 2009

i'm too old for this (April 4, 2009)

so my roommate and i were watching "how i met your mother" last week, and the whole premise was about how we hit a certain point in our lives and realize there are things we are too old to do. it was a dude's list, so there were things like getting your ear pierced, but even that has some relevance to us females... i mean really, there comes a point where one pair of earrings is all that is acceptable... and honestly, i have no desire to have any more holes in my body. It's funny though since at different points in my life i have had 6 holes in my ear, one in my belly button, and even one in my tongue. I still have a bit of a desire to get another tattoo (don't worry, it won't happen), but the desire is for one that can be hidden easily... this business of having your body tatted up for the world to see just doesn't appeal to me.

now, don't get me wrong... my kids keep me young and hip... i say things like, "sorry to put you on blast like that," "not too much on so and so," "that's throwed," and "that's ya bidness (business)." i bought some nike forces, i love hip hop music, and i know the names of all the popular dances right now... however, that doesn't mean that i still think that i'm 18.

i now need a full 8 hours of sleep... the friday afternoon let-down leaves me glued to the couch pretty much all evening... i have no desire to go clubbing... i am appalled by the lack of respect that my students show their elders... i hate the song "college" that's on the radio right now because of how inappropriate it is... let's face it, i'm just gettin old!

(please don't forget that i am going to the britney spears concert in nine days... that gives me some "young" points right?)

oh and p.s. we now have a home gym so i will actually start working out now... i got a wedding to get hot for!

No comments:

Post a Comment