Saturday, September 12, 2009

A new adventure (originally written November 2, 2008)

So I have decided to start a new adventure... yes, creating a blog is a new adventure... and then I remember that I don't really like adventures... Exhibit A: moving to Texas. HOWEVER, I must amend that a little bit, because Texas is really growing on me. There are some fabulous aspects of this adventure, and there are some not so fabulous aspects. I am trying to dwell on the fabulous aspects so I don't get homesick, but it's hard sometimes. I miss my sisters terribly! I mean, I miss my parents, but I have been away from home for quite a few years now, but I have never been away from my sisters except for my mission. I thought I would enjoy a fresh start with all new people, but it has been a challenge. I really changed when I came here. I withdrew from the person that I thought I am, and I am rediscovering who I am and who I want to become. I have seen some really amazing blessings since I have moved here. I know I am here for a reason... multiple reasons... some selfish, some not so selfish. The selfish ones are that I am really finding out the potential I have to complete difficult tasks, and I am really working hard on my relationship with my Father in Heaven. The not so selfish ones are that I know I am making a difference in my kids' lives. They love to be around me, they love to talk to me, they love to hear what I have to say. It's been tough, but I know that I will look back on this experience with nothing but fondness. Where will next year take me? I don't know, but maybe new adventures aren't so bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment