Saturday, September 12, 2009

why i do what i do... (April 8, 2009)



So let me tell you a little bit about Keira... she is an adorable little girl in my first period class. She is hot and cold... some days she is just ON and gets it, does her work, gets really good grades, and then other days she puts her head down, won't talk to anyone, refuses to do her work, and gets bad grades. I thought she hated me the first week of school because I moved her away from her cousins because they were talking. One day when she was walking out of the classroom, I smiled at her and she smiled back. I grabbed her and planted a big fat kiss on her forehead and from then on she was mine. She comes and sees me during the day just to get hugs... it's so sad that these kids just don't really get that much affection at home. She's had some rough times lately but apparently I made it on "the list." She shared this with me today and it just about broke my heart... she is definitely one that I am going to miss next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment