Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 7-A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you


at first i thought this was going to be hard, and then i realized just how easy this task was going to be for me...

my husband

i love being married.... and i especially love being married to HIM. it is such a challenge sometimes... if you know us, you know we fight a lot... we are in a fight as i write this actually... over something stupid of course, but we are both too prideful right now to do anything about it. we will work it out though... we always do.

marriage has taught me a lot about myself. i thought i had learned a lot on my mission, but that doesn't even come close! JJ helps me be a better person. i was talking to krista the other day and she told me she was proud of me because she has seen me become a lot less selfish. this says a lot because i am the self-proclaimed most selfish person that i know... well knew i guess, because i wouldn't say that anymore. sure i am still selfish, but i try to think of JJ before myself. i try really hard to put my dishes in the dishwasher... i try to plan... i try to pick my clothes up... i try not to be too all over the place. in essence i am trying so hard to do the things that i know are important to him, and while i try to do those things for him, they become important to me and i begin to do them for myself.

JJ is such a good man, and i am so blessed to have found him. it seems that in our separate lives we always chose to take the hard road, and sometimes it seems that we still do. we are in no way, shape, or form ready for this baby, but we put it into the Lord's hands and apparently He thought we were ready. JJ is going to be such a good father, and i know i can always count on him. not a day goes by that i don't think about how much i love him... even when we fight. :)


3 comments:

  1. How long did you and JJ know each other before you got married? I can't remember . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about being ready. You aren't ready until she comes home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rach - JJ and I had known each other for about 14 months when we got married.

    maille - i sure hope you are right! :)

    ReplyDelete